However, sometimes we just crave it, so here's an option that will satisfy your tastebuds and fit into busy schedules.
The key to this easy homemade lasagna is the noodles. You'll want to use extra wide, such as traditional German egg pasta noodles from Bechtle or Homestyle egg noodles from Amish Kitchens.
EASY HOMEMADE LASAGNA
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 20-25 minutes
1/2 bag wide noodles, cooked al dente
1/2 to 1 pound hamburger or Italian sausage, cooked (depends on how much meat you like)
1/2 medium Onion, diced
1/2 medium Green Pepper, diced
1 medium Tomato, seeds removed, diced
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1 (14-oz) jar Spaghetti Sauce
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease 9 x 11 glass baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In skillet, cook hamburger or sausage. Remove from skillet and place on plate lined with paper towels to absorb grease or drain in colander and rinse with cold water.
- Over medium heat, cook onion and green pepper in skillet until onion becomes translucent; about 5 minutes.
- Pour noodles into baking dish. Add remaining ingredients except for cheeses.
- Gently combine until ingredients are incorporated. Evenly spread pasta.
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer to plates and serve immediately.