If you're looking for an exceptionally flavorful slow cooked Cuban flank steak recipe, I think you'll love this one. Although this version is served over rice, you could substitute with quinoa or pile the meat and veggies onto Cuban bread and make a sandwich.
While this slow cooked Cuban flank steak is perfect for dinner, it's also ideal for pitch-ins and parties. It's super easy to make and requires zero pre-cooking, other than the rice. All you have to do is place everything in the slow cooker and enjoy all the goodness later in the day.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
1 small white Onion, thinly sliced
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, sliced in ½" strips
1/2 Green Bell Pepper, sliced in ½" strips
2 large cloves Garlic, minced
1 pound Flank Steak, sliced in ½" strips
2 teaspoons ground Chili powder
1 teaspoon ground Oregano
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Lime, juice only
1 cup organic Beef Broth
1 (15 ounce) can organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1. Lightly grease slow cooker with oil, butter, or cooking spray,
2. Place onions, peppers, and garlic on bottom of slow cooker.
3. Add sliced beef.
4. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Mix together and sprinkle over meat.
5. Squeeze juice from lime and drizzle over meat. Add beef broth.
6. Cover and cook over low for 6-8 hours.
7. Remove beef and transfer to cutting board. Shred beef using two forks and return to slow cooker. Add black beans. Turn heat to high and begin preparing rice.
8. Cook rice according to package directions. When done, scoop onto plate and add flank steak, veggies, and stock.