This Italian sausage, bacon, and white beans casserole is a hearty meal that will keep you warm on chilly winter nights. It's packed with amazing flavor and topped with refrigerated biscuits for a complete one-dish meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 20 to 25 minutes
6 slices thick Bacon, chopped
1 pound bulk Italian Sausage
1 medium Onion, chopped
3 large cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 can (15 ounces) Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
2 medium Tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon dried Basil
1 teaspoon dried Oregano
1 teaspoon dried Parsley
1 can (12 ounces) refrigerated Buttermilk biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook chopped bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Transfer bacon to a small bowl lined with a paper towel to absorb grease.
3. Add Italian sausage to skillet and cook until no longer pink inside; about 8 minutes.
4. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent; about 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in beans, tomatoes, and herbs. Heat to boiling over high heat; about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to casserole dish.
6. Separate refrigerated biscuits and arrange over casserole.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes or until casserole is thoroughly heated and biscuits are golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes and transfer to serving plates.