This super easy pasta salad is a favorite for any kind of gathering from Super Bowl parties to weddings and everything in between. The salad can be made with any kind of pasta, but I prefer to use penne. I've also tried it with elbow macaroni and medium size shells. One benefit of using shell pasta is it holds some of the dressing, so prefer extra dressing try using shells instead.
Although this pasta salad is easy to make it does require a bit of prep time to cut all the veggies. It is also best to chill it for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
SUPER EASY PASTA SALAD
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
1 (16 ounce) box Penne Pasta
1 each Red, Yellow, and Green Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
1 (6 ounce) can Whole Pitted Black Olives, drained
1/2 pint Whole Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1/2 bottle Italian Salad Dressing
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, thinly slice bell peppers and onion and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
3. When pasta is cooked, drain in a collander and rinse with cold water.
4. Transfer pasta to large bowl. Add peppers, onion, and cherry tomatoes.
5. Add 1/2 a bottle of Italian Salad Dressing. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
6. Gently mix all ingredients together until well combined.
7. Cover bowl and chill for 2 hours prior to serving.