Before I share the Ultimate Beef Crockpot Recipe, allow me to explain how it came about. On October 22, I underwent oral surgery for complete dental restoration. I had been living off nutrition shakes and soup. My dentist told me I would need to stay on a liquid and soft food diet for several weeks while my gums healed.
After a week, I could barely stand the thought of downing one more drink or bowl of soup or plate of mashed potatoes. Then it hit me... Bring out the Crock-Pot!! I had been craving beef, which is odd since I don't eat much red meat. I'm assuming my body needed the protein to help me through the healing process.
I gathered my favorite ingredients and began adding items to the Crock-Pot I inherited from my mom, the Cooking Queen. She cooked up some seriously good food and I was in need of something with substance. I'm certain she would have loved this recipe and it has offically been added to my family's list of all-time favorites. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
THE ULTIMATE BEEF CROCKPOT RECIPE
Serves 6 Cook Time: 4 to 6 hours
1-1/2 pounds Sirloin Tip Side Steak, cut in strips
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Black Pepper, coarsely ground
1 Onion (yellow or white), sliced into rings
2 medium Carrots, sliced diagonally
4 medium Potatoes
1 green Bell Pepper
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
2 Jalapeno Peppers, minced
2 Tablespoons Dale's Seasoning (or Worcestershire Sauce)
1 Tablespoon Stubb's Moppin' Sauce (or BBQ Sauce)
1 14.5-ounce can Diced Tomatoes
1 10-1/2-ounce can Campbell's French Onion Soup, plus 2 soup cans Water
- Slice sirloin tip side steak into 2-inch strips
- Add olive oil to 10-inch skillet and heat to medium.
- Sprinkle both sides of meat with coarsely ground black pepper and press pepper into meat with the palm of your hand.
- Carefully add meat to skillet and lightly brown on both sides. Remove from skillet and place on plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Slice onion into 1-inch thick rings. Separate rings and place on bottom of Crock-Pot.
- Slice carrots diagonally into 1-inch chunks and add to Crock-Pot.
- Cut potatoes into large chunks. I prefer to leave the skin on, but you can remove it if desired.
- Cut green bell peppers into rings or large chunks.
- Chop garlic and toss in with the rest of the veggies.
- Slice jalapeno peppers in half and remove seeds. Mince and add to the Crockpot.
- Mix the Dale's Seasoning (or Worcestershire Sauce) and Stubb's Moppin' Sauce (or BBQ) together in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush the sirloin steak with the sauce.
- Place seasoned meat on top of veggies.
- Drain diced tomatoes and place on top of the meat.
- Pour French Onion Soup and 2 soup cans of water over the meat and vegetables.
- Turn the Crock-Pot on high for 30 minutes, then lower setting to medium or medium-low.
- Cook for 4 to 6 hours.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve with a French Baguette or warm bread with butter or dipping oil.
MORE CROCKPOT RECIPES FROM THE CHEAP GOURMET: