Perfectly seasoned, this lowfat mock Guacamole Dip made from frozen peas tastes just as good as the "real" thing, but without the fat or the guilt! Serve with a basket of homemade low-fat Tortilla Chips and your guests will be raving about your spectacular snack for weeks to come.
Consider creating individual recipe cards for low-fat mock Guacamole Dip and Tortilla Chips and provide a copy to each of your guests. Insert inside their holiday card or leave a stack on the table. Chances are the recipe cards will disappear as quickly as this guilt-free healthy holiday snack!
Yield: 1-3/4 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
2 cups frozen tender-sweet Peas
1/4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons fat-free Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon fresh Lime juice (or use bottled, if desired)
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Garlic Pepper Hot Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Plum Tomato, seeded and chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain.
- Finely chop peas and onion.
- Mince garlic using a garlic press.
- In a 2-quart bowl, combine peas, onion, garlic, sour cream, lime juice, Tabasco sauce and salt and mix well.
- Chop tomato and cilantro, then gently stir into pea mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with homemade low-fat Tortilla Chips
Homemade Low-fat Tortilla Chips
Yield: 80 chips
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 6-8 minutes
10 8-inch fat-free flour Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges using a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Arrange wedges on a baking stone or pizza pan.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer chips to a cooling rack or large piece of aluminum foil and allow to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container until ready to serve.
Transfer pea guacamole into serving bowl and place in center of serving tray. Arrange chips on serving tray and let the party begin!