'Tis the season for pumpkin recipes and I have an abundance of recipes for you! This week, I'll be sharing some of my favorite pumpkin recipes including pumpkin dip, pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup and an oh-so-delicious baked stuffed pumpkin.
On Friday, you'll have access to "The Pumpkin Patch Recipe Collection" - a collection of pumpkin recipes you can serve for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and party fare. If you haven't already done so, be certain to subscribe to "The Cheap Gourmet Newsletter" to be automatically reminded when the report is ready. Additionally, you'll receive all kinds of useful cooking tidbits, product reviews and a chance to win gourmet cooking gifts!
Let's kick off the week with one of my favorite pumpkin pie recipes. This no-bake pie can be prepared in 15 minutes (or less), but needs to be refrigerated overnight or for at least 6 hours. Top it off with a dollop of vanilla whipped cream for a bewitching tastebud sensation!
No-Bake Pumpkin Cream Pie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 6 hours minimum, overnight preferred
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 (8-ounce) package Cream Cheese, softened
4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) Butter, softened
1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- In a medium bowl, add sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla and spices. Using an electric mixer, beat ingredients on medium-high setting for 1-2 minutes, until mixture is fluffy.
- Add pumpkin and using a wooden spoon, stir by hand until blended.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Place in refrigerator and chill 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
*Individual spices can be replaced with 1 tsp pumpkin spice
Vanilla Whipped Cream
Yield: 1 cup
Prep Time: 3-5 minutes
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Add ingredients to a chilled, medium mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat ingredients until soft peaks form.
New to Making Homemade Whipped Cream? Click here for step-by-step directions and whip cream tips.