Serve with a side of fresh fruit, a few slices of bacon or breakfast sausage and a cold glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
OATMEAL PANCAKES RECIPE
Yield: 8 medium pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
1 cup Buttermilk
1 large Egg
1 Tablespoon organic Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (plus additional for pouring over cooked pancakes)
1/2 cup organic Whole Wheat Flour (can substitute with all purpose unbleached flour)
3/4 cup Steel Cut Oats
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together buttermilk, egg, oil, and maple syrup.
- Add dry ingredients to buttermilk mixture and gently stir until combined. Let batter stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat griddle or skillet to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle and cook until it becomes bubbly around edges.
- Using a spatula, flip pancakes and cook 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with unsalted butter and/or maple syrup, if desired. Serve immediately.
Looking for quality steel cut oats? Click the banner below to shop at HerbsPro for all your healthy cooking and living needs!