Spring Vegetable Soup uses fresh ingredients which are available year-round. It's easy to prepare and makes a great pick-me lunch or light dinner.
SPRING VEGETABLE SOUP
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 cup Onion, minced
1 Garlic clove, minced
3/4 cup Carrot, finely diced
1 cup Zucchini, diced
6 cups Vegetable broth, heated
2 cups green Cabbage, shredded
1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, ground
Lemon wedges for garnish
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
2. Add zucchini and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Add hot broth and bring to boil. Cook 1 minute.
4. Stir in cabbage, salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until cabbage has softened, but still has a bit of crunch.
5. Serve hot with lemon wedges to squeeze into each portion.
More recipes like this can be found in my cookbook, "The Diva Diet".