Did you know you can make your own gourmet flatbread pizzas for about half the cost of delivery pizza? This recipe can easily be adapted to suit your tastes. Final cost is about $3.50 per pie!
To make these pizzas you'll need flatbread which can be found in most major grocery chains or health food stores. They are available in white, wheat, soy, multi-grain and sundried tomato.
GOURMET FLATBREAD PIZZAS
Yield: 2 personal pizzas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 12-15 minutes
2 Flatbread, round
1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Green Onions,sliced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup Pizza Sauce or Spaghetti Sauce (marinara works well)
1/2 cup Canadian Bacon, chopped
1/4 cup Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese (Cheddar cheese works well too!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add olive oil to a small skillet and saute onions and garlic until translucent; about 3 minutes. Cook on medium-low heat.
3. Spread 1/4 cup of sauce on each flat bread round. Top each round with 1/4 cup Canadian bacon and 1/8 cup artichoke hearts. Divide green onion and garlic mixture and add half to each pizza round. Top with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
4. Place pizzas on pizza stone or flat baking pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Transfer to plate and serve.
Click the banner below to save 20% off all your favorite pizza seasonings, sauces, and more!