If you're looking for soup with substance you'll love this Italian Sausage Pasta e Fagioli Soup. Not only is it packed with a tremendous amount of flavor, it's incredibly easy to make and ready in about 30 minutes.
The following Italian Sausage Pasta e Fagioli Soup was adapted from a copycat recipe I found for Olive Garden's soup. I tweaked the ingredients to make it more suitable for our palates. I added Italian sausage and used a combination of white and red kidney beans. Feel free to adapt it for your tastebuds!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 pound ground Italian Sausage
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
1/2 white Onion, chopped
2 medium Tomatoes, diced
2 cups organic Chicken Broth
2 teaspoons dried Oregano
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 can (15-ounce) Red Kidney Beans (undrained)
1 can (15-ounce) Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans (undrained)
1/4 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
8 ounces Ditalini Pasta
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
6 cups water, plus 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil (for pasta)
1. In a large saucepan, heat Italian Sausage over medium-high heat until cooked, about 7 minutes.
2. Add garlic and onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, pepper and salt. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add kidney beans with brine, and parsley. Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. In a medium-size saucepan, add 6 cups of water, 1 teaspoon salt and a teaspoon of olive oil and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just barely tender, about 9 minutes. Drain and add to soup. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Transfer to serving bowls and top with parmesan cheese.