This recipe for chocolate balsamic glazed sirloin and potato onion bacon hash is certain to be a huge hit! While it tastes as though you spent hours preparing it, this gourmet meal takes less than an hour from start to finish.
I purchased chocolate mandarin balsamic vinegar from a vendor at our local Farmers Market, but it can also be found in specialty stores such as Dean and Deluca. You can also try online stores such as the Olive Branch Oil and Spice Company.
CHOCOLATE BALSAMIC GLAZED SIRLOIN AND POTATO ONION BACON HASH
Marinade Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
2 (5-ounce) Top Sirloin Fillets
1/3 cup Chocolate Mandarin Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 2 Tablespoons
2 Tablespoons fresh Rosemary, finely chopped, plus 2 small sprigs for garnish
4 strips Bacon, chopped
2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
8-10 Pearl Onions, ends and skin removed
4-6 medium Baby Portobella Mushrooms, gills removed and thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon fresh Garlic, minced
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, and chopped rosemary. Add the sirloin steak and coat boat sides, then allow to marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. Slice Yukon Gold potatoes and submerge in a bowl filled with cold water.
3. Place a large saute pan on high heat and add remaining olive oil. Heat until oil begins to smoke. Drain water from potatoes and carefully add to pan along with pearl onions.
4. Place a medium saute pan on high heat and add chopped bacon. Cook until crispy, then reduce heat to medium and add portobella mushrooms and garlic. Stir ingredients together and cook for 5-6 minutes until onion becomes translucent.
5. While the potatoes are finishing, remove sirloin steak from marinade and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper, if desired.
6. Place the steak on a broiler pan or heated grill and cook each side for 3-4 minutes for medium-rare.
7. While steak is grilling, add bacon, mushroom and garlic mixture to potatoes and mix well to combine ingredients.
8. Remove steak from grill/broiler and let set for 2-3 minutes. Divide potato onion bacon hash in half and transfer to dinner plate. Serve the steak on top of the hash and garnish with a fresh rosemary sprig.