I'll admit it. I'm a cheeseaholic. I'm also a cheese snob and if I'm going to eat cheese, I want premium quality. On the flip side, I'm also a sucker for Ragu Cheese Sauce (I know it's a contradiction!) because it lends a creaminess that I enjoy.
With that said, this Super Cheesy Cheeseburger Soup offers a bounty of flavor and is ideal for those nights when you want a filling meal, but don't have much time to cook. It pairs well with a fresh garden salad and dinner rolls. You could also add some bacon crumbles and grated cheese to the soup upon serving.
SUPER CHEESY CHEESEBURGER SOUP
Servings: 4 bowls or 8 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 pound Grassfed Hamburger
1/2 White or Yellow Onion, chopped
2 medium Jalapenos, seeds removed and finely chopped
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 cup Carrots, finely grated
6 cups Chicken Broth
2 cups Large Elbow macaroni, uncooked
1/2 jar Ragu Cheddar Cheese Sauce
1 cup Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded (One of my favorites is Tillamook)
1 cup Fontina Cheese, shredded
- In a large stockpot, cook hamburger over medium heat until browned. Chop with spatula to crumble into small pieces.
- Add onion and jalapenos. Cook 3-4 minutes, until onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and carrots and combine with meat mixture.
- Add chicken broth and macaroni. Cook for 9-11 minutes, until macaroni is al dente (soft to the tooth).
- Add Cheddar Cheese Sauce and shredded cheeses and stir until well-combined. Cook for 5 minutes
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve immediately.