When making the BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Onion Bombs from the previous post, you'll likely have some leftover meat. Here's a way to utilize leftover meatloaf and squeeze an extra meal out of it.
Not only are these stuffed jalapenos perfect for a fast dinner, they also make fabulous appetizers. They pair well with garlic butter rice, brown rice, fries, and loaded baked potatoes.
Yields: 12 individual peppers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
6 large Jalapeno peppers, cut in half with seeds removed and stems intact (cut stems to 1/2")
1/2-cup raw BBQ meatloaf
6 slices thick Bacon
1/4-cup Cheddar Cheese, finely shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fill each jalapeno half with meatloaf mixture; about 1 Tablespoon per pepper.
3. Cut bacon in half and wrap diagonally around each pepper to cover meatloaf. (Start on the top and gently pull bacon to extend length as you wrap).
4. Place in a baking pan and bake for 15-18 minutes; until bacon is slightly crispy with brown edges. Remove from oven and carefully top each pepper with a pinch of shredded cheese.
5. Return to oven and bake for 2-3 minutes; until cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Remove from oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to serving dish and enjoy.