My husband saw someone making bacon wrapped new potatoes on a TV show and decided to try them. They were so yummy that they quickly became one of our favorite side dishes.
Besides being delicious these bacon wrapped new potatoes are easy to prepare and quick to cook. They can be baked, broiled or grilled and make a great side dish or appetizer.
Since the bacon is secured to potatoes using toothpicks it's best to soak the picks in water for a few minutes to prevent them from burning – unlike the ones in the photos.
Servings: 12-18 potatoes (varies depending on number of potatoes in cans)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
8 slices thick Bacon, cut in half (adjust according to number of potatoes)
2 (15 ounce) cans whole new potatoes, drained
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place toothpicks in small bowl, cover with water, and soak for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Wrap each potato with half-slice of bacon and secure with toothpick.
4. Place potatoes in baking dish and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Turn potatoes halfway through cooking time.
5. Remove from oven and transfer to plate lined with paper towels to absorb grease. Let sit 2-3 minutes then transfer to serving plate.