Today, I'd like to share a delightful Baby Lamb Chops with Garlic and Rosemary recipe. This was my first experience eating lamb chops. I don't know why, but I've always had an issue with eating baby lambs and could not bring myself to try it.
Last year, I entered the Baby Lamb Chops with Garlic and Rosemary recipe in the Foodbuzz Project Food Blog Challenge. Although I did not progress through the contest, I discovered I actually enjoy lamb chops and this recipe has become one of our favorites.
It is very easy to prepare and the roasted garlic and rosemary topping adds a ton of extra flavor. I hope it becomes one of your favorites as well!
BABY LAMB CHOPS WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
Adapted from Michael Chiarello's Lamb Chop recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (use 1/8 cup for marinade and 1/8 cup for cooking lamb chops)
2 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
2 Tablespoons fresh Rosemary leaves
1 Lemon, zested
4 Baby Lamb Chops
Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
1. Heat 1/8 cup olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until light golden brown. Add rosemary leaves and cook until crispy.
2. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer to small bowl, add lemon zest, and mix well.
4. Heat remaining olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Season both sides of lamb chops with salt and pepper.