Homestyle Beef Manhattan sandwiches are one of my all time favorites. Stuffed with juicy meat, creamy mashed potatoes, a soft Kaiser roll and tons of gravy, beef manhattan's make a complete meal. Well, almost. It's always a good idea to serve with a side of veggies, a yummy salad or tasty slices of fruit.
I've enjoyed homestyle beef manhattan sandwiches for as long as I can remember. I recently discovered a decadent recipe for Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich at The Pioneer Woman Cooks blog. After making it according to the recipe, I realized this sandwich was perfect for making Beef Manhattan sandwiches. It was a huge hit and today, I'd like to share the recipe with you.
I'm a huge advocate for copyright laws and refuse to publish another food blogger's recipe. So, you will need to obtain the Marlboro Man's Favorite Recipe and then follow the remaining cooking instructions.
HOMESTYLE BEEF MANHATTAN SANDWICH
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Mashed Potatoes Recipe:
2 large Idaho Potatoes, washed and chopped into 1-inch cubes
2 quarts water
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 cup whole milk or half-and-half
2 tablespoons butter
4 Kaiser Rolls
1 jar Homestyle Beef Gravy
1. Cook Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich recipe according to directions.
2. In 3-quart saucepan, add potatoes and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook uncovered for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
3. Drain potatoes in colander. Transfer to mixing bowl. Add butter and milk or half-and-half.
4. Using hand mixer, mash potatoes until creamy. Add additional milk if desired.
5. Slice Kaiser buns in half. Top with meat mixture. Add 1/2 cup mashed potatoes. Top with gravy and top of Kaiser roll. Serve with veggie side dish, tossed salad or fruit slices. Enjoy!