The following Green with Envy Tossed Salad recipe is perfect for parties, cook-outs, as a brown bag lunch or served for dinner. Add a grilled chicken breast or salmon fillet for a satisfying low-calorie meal. The main ingredient of any tossed salad is lettuce. To add variety and enhance the flavor try using a variety such as Romaine, Red or Green Leaf, Chicory, Escarole, etc.
GREEN WITH ENVY TOSSED SALAD RECIPE
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Ready in: 15 minutes
1 head Romaine lettuce
1 bunch Spinach leaves, fresh
2 Carrots, medium, sliced
6 Radishes, sliced thin
4 Green onions, sliced
1 cup Broccoli, chopped
1 cup Cauliflower, chopped
1. Wash, rinse and dry all vegetables.
2. Chop lettuce into bite-size pieces.
3. Remove stems from spinach leaves.
4. Slice carrots, radishes and green onions.
5. Chop broccoli and cauliflower.
6. Toss all ingredients in large salad bowl, cover with lid and store in refrigerator for up to 48 hours.