Today, I'd like to share my favorite fresh green beans with shallots and ginger recipe. Ingredients are sauteed in coconut oil; a healthy saturated fat known to fight off harmful bacteria and aid in digestion. One cup of these flavor-bursting beans provides 9.3 grams of protein, has zero-cholesterol and relatively lo-cal at 272 calories per serving.
FRESH GREEN BEANS WITH SHALLOTS AND GINGER RECIPE
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon Coconut oil
1 medium Shallot, peeled and sliced into thin rings
1/2 teaspoon Ginger, freshly grated
1 pound Green beans, fresh, trimmed and cut into 1/2" pieces
1/4 teaspoon Thyme leaves, fresh
1/2 cup Water
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup toasted Almonds, chopped
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat, in a large skillet.
2. Add shallots and cook until translucent.
3. Add ginger and heat 5 minutes.
4. Add green beans and cook 5 minutes.
5. Add thyme and water, reduce heat to low and cover.
6. Steam until green beans are bright green and tender but still with a bit of crunch. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Transfer beans to a serving dish and top with chopped almonds.
You might also enjoy Four Ways to Prepare Fresh Green Beans; a collection of green bean recipes that include: fresh steamed green beans, grilled green beans, sesame green beans and Italian green beans with potatoes and Parmesan cheese.Buy Today at Lulu.com