Cauliflower Medley Soup is a filling, yet light-flavored soup that is great year-round. Two cups of soup is a mere 62 calories and packed with vitamins and minerals. This cauliflower soup recipe can be made with water, vegetable or chicken broth. Personally, I prefer the added flavor of chicken broth.
CAULIFLOWER MEDLEY SOUP RECIPE
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Ready in: 40 minutes
2 Celery stalks, chopped
1 Onion (white or yellow), chopped
2 Carrots, shredded
1 head Cauliflower, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
10-12 each Spinach leaves, freshly chopped
6 cups Water (or vegetable broth)
Sea salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
1. In a large pan over medium heat, sauté celery, onion and carrot in water for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Steam cauliflower in a colander over boiling water or in a vegetable steamer until tender. Drain water and mash cauliflower with a fork.
3. Add the mashed cauliflower to the vegetable mixture, return to stove and cook over medium heat. Add the water or vegetable broth.
4. Add spinach leaves and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes or until soup is heated thoroughly.