October is the perfect month to make this fabulous pumpkin stew recipe. From start to finish, this hardy stew is ready in under an hour. It's rich flavor and creamy texture are delightful and will fill you up and keep you warm during the upcoming cold weather months.
Perfect Pumpkin Stew
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Ready in: 50 minutes
2 large white or yellow Onions, chopped
3 cups Pumpkin, skin removed and diced
2 cups Sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup Parsnips, peeled and diced
6-8 cups Water
1 cup Carrots, sliced
1 cup Millet
1/2 teaspoon Cumin, ground
1/2 teaspoon Coriander seed, ground
1/2 teaspoon Ginger, ground
2 each Bay leaves
1. Wash and rinse vegetables.
2. Remove skin from onion, remove core and chop loosely.
3. Remove skin and seeds from pumpkin. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
4. Peel and dice sweet potatoes and parsnips.
5. Add 2 tablespoons water to large pot and saute onions until golden brown.
6. Add the rest of the vegetables, millet, spices and water.
7. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook covered for 1/2 hour or until pumpkin, vegetables, and grains are soft.
8. Remove from heat and serve immediately.