I am a huge fan of grilled gourmet lunch meat sandwiches. My favorite brand of lunchmeat is Boar's Head, but I also like Hormel's Natural Choice and Hillshire Farms Deli Select. Making grilled gourmet lunchmeat sandwiches is super simple and only requires a few minutes of time. With a few basic ingredients, you can have a mouth-watering delicacy that will tantalize your taste buds and make your stomach smile!
Grilled gourmet lunch meat sandwiches can be served on just about any kind of bread you like. If you're counting calories, consider using a tortilla wrap. Tortilla wraps are available in multiple flavors including whole wheat, spinach, and sundried tomato (my personal fav!).
Thomas' Bagelbread Squares are perfect for creating grilled gourmet lunchmeat sandwiches. Available in Plain, Whole Wheat and Everything (to die for!), Bagelbread Squares are cholesterol free and low fat with zero trans fat.
I used the Everything Bagelbread Squares to create the following grilled gourmet lunchmeat sandwiches. However, you can use any type of bread you prefer.
Grilled Gourmet Lunch Meat Sandwiches Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
2 Thomas' "Everything" Bagelbread Squares (cut in half)
6 slices Brown Sugar Ham
6 slices Mesquite Turkey
6 slices Pastrami
2 slices Bleu Cheese (slices should be about 1/4-inch thick)
1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- Preheat skillet or griddle to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush melted butter on inside of each bagel.
- Arrange meat slices in skillet or on the griddle.
- Heat meat slices until they start to curl on the edges.
- Once meat slices are heated, stack 2 slices of each meat on top of one another and move to the side of skillet or griddle.
- Place bagel slices with butter side down onto skillet or griddle.
- Once bagel slices turn light brown in color, flip them over and add meat slices on top of two bagel halves.
- Top meat slices with bleu cheese.
- Place the bagel top onto the meat and cheese.
- Heat for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Remove from heat, transfer to plate and serve immediately.
Below is a photo of how I arranged the meat slices. My husband says I am anal retentive, but I think the meat slices look pretty - don't you??
Below is a photo of the end result:
Click here for more grilled gourmet lunchmeat sandwich recipes.